Good Company, Good Benefits

I have been working at KEYW

Pros

- Great Benefits, Hard to find another Company that is comparable.
- Good Salaries.
- Work environment depends on your contract

Cons

- Seems hard to move to different contracts

None. Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Reviews for KEYW

Fabulous Pay, Great Benefits, Wonderful People

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time for less than a year

Pros

* HR is fantastic - I haven't had a single problem they haven't solved in a couple days or less - tuition reimbursement, 401k allocation, stock purchasing adjustment, etc.
    * Great benefits - 401k matching is nearly unmatched (ha!) and they offer a Roth 401k, vesting is almost always immediate (stock options generally carry a 4-year vesting schedule), healthcare is great (Blue Cross) and they offer and HSA option, dental is super inexpensive and widely accepted, AD&D and other benefits included.
    * Pay is great - definitely some of the highest in the local area for a company this size.
    * Lots of different work to do - if you're bored/unhappy, you can switch contracts!
    * Awesome holiday parties (last one was at M&T Bank Stadium)!
    * Great charitable giving opportunities, sometimes even including free company-provided cash to donate to a charity of your choice.
    * Responsive management - any questions I've had have been answered promptly and professionally.

Cons

* If you select the hourly rate structure, you have no leave, which is a bit of a pain sometimes, but depending on your lifestyle it's workable. You can switch to salaried if you like (open season once a year).
    * Most of the time you're direct labor, so you have to give the customer what they want (obviously).
    * I've been sitting here 5 minutes on this bullet, and I can't think of any other ones.

As far as I can tell, upper management is doing great. I don't know why there wasn't a Bagel Breakfast for quite a while (probably the move to Milestone), but I like those so keep them going.

Good Midsize Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been able to find the work that most interests me here. I find their healthcare, vacation, and retirement to be way above par for the industry. I like that they will help me find new work when I'm looking for a change.

Cons

Lots of moving pieces right now.

More events for the employees that work on customer sites. Tough to get to the corporate office sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for KEYW.

Worked for KEYW? Contribute to the Community!