KEYW

www.keywcorp.com

Model Company

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Fort Meade, MD

ProsAmazing benefits to include inexpensive health care, unparalleled 401K, generous PTO and tons of Morale boosting perks. Strong reputation for excellence in performance. Large company with agile response to clients needs. Willing to take risks based in common sense that would take companies of similar size months of policy review and change to execute.

ConsMost of the company's strengths revolve extremely specialized needs and complex customer problems - in short, not always the cheapest of missions to execute successfully. This sometimes puts KEYw at a disadvantage in competitive markets where the customer is willing to sacrifice quality for a best value solution. In my opinion, KEYW is not a good company for capturing competitive contracts when the Government is in financial turmoil. Not exactly a weakness, but it's business revolves around timing capture efforts with extreme strategy. Also, there is no centralized business development group, which means as a manager, you will need to be creative and versed in business development to progress in your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of emphasis is placed on maintaining low overhead costs by working in a flat environment. This sometimes puts pressure on managers to bite off more than they can handle in order to prove their worth. Remember to delegate, divide and conquer.

KEYW is my first employer out of college, and has set the bar VERY HIGH for other companies to match the experience.

Electrical Hardware Design Engineer I (Current Employee) Hanover, MD

I have been working at KEYW full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fantastic benefits package, competitive compensation, availability of upward mobility. Great employee perks such as weekly sporting events tickets giveaways, gifts sent to your home for no… Cons: KEYW is a Maryland based company, so the professional sporting events are for Baltimore Orioles and… Advice to Senior Management: Continue the communication with All Hands meetings and emails with regards to the enterprise-level actions… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company, Good Benefits

I have been working at KEYW

Pros: - Great Benefits, Hard to find another Company that is… Cons: - Seems hard to move to different contracts Advice to Senior Management: None. Keep doing what you are doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KEYW.

Worked for KEYW? Contribute to the Community!