There are newer employer reviews for KFC

Just a typical fast food job

Former Employee - Cook in Concordia, MO
Former Employee - Cook in Concordia, MO

I worked at KFC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get job
Easy to stay on

Cons

Minimum wage pay
Just a job

reviews filtered by
  1. Over worked

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at KFC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You meet a lot of diffrent people and the food is good they are good on keeping the resturants clean

Cons

Over worked you work 9 hours a day for 9$. Try requesting a day off no dont even bother they lose managers so fast they move anyone up. They dont give bonuses Or raises I know people who worked there for six years as cashiers and Cooks and never got a raise. They tell you the day before your day off that you have to work to cover other stores where managers have quit. My gm works ten hour days sometimes longer and only gets her salery of 40 hours a week. They tell you that you cant run out of any chicken till closing but get mad if you have overcook. It is so Easy to move to managment because the managers quit all the time. You have no life other than work because even if your sick dont bother calling in you till have to work. They move up people who are fresh out of high school with no managment experience and dont know how to motivate their employees besides yell at them and sit around and they have only been working for them for a year maybe. When I was just a cashier I loved my job but since I moved up I realized how poorly they treat their employees. I feel like they just expect every Store to be running great. Go look how your managers treat their employees when they think no one is looking I have worked with diffrent managers and some are just so mean to the employees.

They need to treat employees better give raises to hardworking employees that deserve it. They need to screen who they are moving up to managment. For once dont look at sales go into your stores abd ask the employees to tell you how they feel working their and how their managers treat them.

2. A good "First Job"

Current Employee - Team Member in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Stuart, FL

I have been working at KFC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at KFC allows you some insight into the fast food industry. You meet some great people and get lots of experience.

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be very rude, but that all comes with the job. There is not much in the way of raises or promotions, there are also no benefits.

Management needs to know whats going on in the store so that they can better get things done. The franchisee needs to get involved in his restaurant , in the time that I've worked there, I have never seen him.

There are newer employer reviews for KFC