KHS&S

www.khss.com
  www.khss.com
There are newer employer reviews for KHS&S

The experience was exciting and valuable.

I worked at KHS&S

Pros

There are many locations with many exciting projects. Many of the projects are well recognized.

Cons

The communication from upper management is poor. The direction of the company is often misleading. Due to the poor communication many employees must guess the intentions or direction.

4 Other Employee Reviews for KHS&S (View Most Recent)

Marginal.

Former Employee - Estimator in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Estimator in Anaheim, CA

I worked at KHS&S

Pros

Good benefits, and I enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

Senior management does not communicate well with the employees.

Know your employees.

It is a training ground for young professionals to gain experience and take it somewhere else.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at KHS&S

Pros

KHS&S is definitely a forward thinking, innovative company with a great leader (Dave Suder). The company is partially employee owned (ESOP) with profit sharing, great 401K match, good benefits and decent salaries. They are the leading "Themeing and Rockwork" contractor in the nation. With their acquisition of Scenario "VPD" Virtual Project Delivery they hold (In my opinion) the best integrated project delivery software program currently created and is the primary glue to their KHS&S Disney rockwork partnership. The company is quite diverse in scope and locations as they have also gone international. Another acquisition which may turn out to prove profitable is their investment in EggRock, a prefabricated bathroom company. The company poured tons of money into a management consulting company to help develop their core values and the slogan "doing everything better". Although I believe they will never reap the rewards of it's effort it does show they care about making the company better.

Cons

Nepotism, poor middle management staff, high turnover rate of employees, corporate America feel. Has a high vice president over head. The company is all VP's and PE's, not much of a mid to senior level personnel. The company has acquired many new companies thus adding more principals/VP's to their overhead, therefore prohibiting competitiveness in a hard bid market. They primarily depend on negotiated work which is great in a booming economy but difficult to find in our recession/recovery market. KHS&S has all the bells and whistles, great marketing and company branding but lacks true builders, which is key to fulfilling their promises.

Try to tighten the gap between management and the staff, there is a huge disconnect. Spend more time developing and improving your core markets and gain market share within those perspective fields before over expanding and dumping on the staff which helped you get where you are today.

There are newer employer reviews for KHS&S