Solana Beach office is great and a good place to work

Current Employee - Developer  in  Solana Beach, CA
Current Employee - Developer in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at KIT digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Solana Beach office works independently from the rest of the company, which is great. We focus on our clients, and do a fantastic job, and they love us. Our paychecks are basically written by our clients, so we're well funded, even when KIT is under financial turmoil.

Cons

KIT digital's global business has been unstable for several months, and has undergone massive restructurings. The Solana Beach office typically ignores these issues, and continues on working, but occasionally it just slows us down. These issues have also led to financial cutbacks, such as fewer company parties and outings.

Other Reviews for KIT digital

KIT digital now Piksel in a down spiral

I have been working at KIT digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

It used to be exciting, working on cool technology. The company seemed to have ago to market plan.

Cons

Lot of changes, management and strategy changes frequently. Not sure what we want to be when we grow up that is if we live long enough to grow up.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Keep the guys that know, been there, done that. Make up your mind. You want regions or no regions? division or no divisions? focus on EMEA or the Americas or both. You cannot have an Exec team that is changing all the time, members are located in different places in the world and expect to build up the company.

Solid management, solid process, fun environment, good work/life balance

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Solana Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Solana Beach, CA

I have been working at KIT digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management has their act together. Although previously that was not the case, the team in place now is solid and gives me confidence that this company is moving in the right direction. There is an entirely new financial team, which is critical. KIT's agile development processes are very solid, as are the project management processes. I have learned a great deal. The work environment is really fun too. There's no micromanagement and people are empowered to get their work done without a lot of oversight. Lastly, the work/life balance is very much respected. The new KIT is very different than the old KIT.

Cons

KIT's reputation remains a little tarnished from the actions of past management, but that will change over time.

Keep up the good work. I love working here.

There are newer employer reviews for KIT digital.

Worked for KIT digital? Contribute to the Community!