KLA-Tencor
www.kla-tencor.com Milpitas, CA 5000+ Employees

Look elsewhere unless this is your only option.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Milpitas, CA

ProsAs a software engineer, the work was interesting. My management looked to me for most of the technical direction of our product, which was satisfying. My requests for resources and purchases (e.g. laptops, books, commercial software utilities) were never denied.

ConsDuring my 3.5 years at KLA-Tencor two of my managers were put on performance warnings and ultimately dismissed from the company. My last (third and final) manager was put on performance warning after 8 months, which is the reason I resigned and took a position elsewhere. I don't consider it professional to give the details of the aberrant behavior I witnessed from my managers. I will just say my experience was bizarre and unsettling.

As an individual contributor, I only interacted with the lower levels of management (line-management up through mid-level management), so the more senior managers may not have the issues I witnessed.

I am giving the KLA-Tencor's CEO (Rick Wallace) a low rating because all I can really judge him on is the culture he created that I worked in (described above) and the value of KLA-Tencor's stock during my time at the company. When I started the price of KLA-Tencor stock was $50/share, and on my last day it was $39/share.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy were so many of my mangers put on performance warning and ultimately dismissed from the company? I would have stayed with you a bit longer if it weren't for the aberrant behavior of my managers.

Great place to develop one's career early on but don't expect rapid ascent in the ranks, this is earned over time.

Master Scheduler (Former Employee)

I worked at KLA-Tencor

Pros: Extremely dedicated, intelligent, and talented employees make for a great place to learn. The company tends to place responsibility… Cons: While it is amazing to work with so many talented and intelligent people you may find it difficult to move within, and the company in… More

Great place to work if you are willing to work hard.

Field Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at KLA-Tencor

Pros: Good compensation if you consider bonus and profit sharing. Highly regarded top management and excellent training. Vacation and sick… Cons: There seems to be quite a few reorganizations which can be a god or a bad thing depending on… Advice to Senior Management: I would try to limit reorganizations when possible and try to maintain staffing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on KLA-Tencor.

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KLA-Tencor CEO Rick Wallace. All reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees.