KLA-Tencor

www.kla-tencor.com

Look elsewhere unless this is your only option.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsAs a software engineer, the work was interesting. My management looked to me for most of the technical direction of our product, which was satisfying. My requests for resources and purchases (e.g. laptops, books, commercial software utilities) were never denied.

ConsDuring my 3.5 years at KLA-Tencor two of my managers were put on performance warnings and ultimately dismissed from the company. My last (third and final) manager was put on performance warning after 8 months, which is the reason I resigned and took a position elsewhere. I don't consider it professional to give the details of the aberrant behavior I witnessed from my managers. I will just say my experience was bizarre and unsettling.

As an individual contributor, I only interacted with the lower levels of management (line-management up through mid-level management), so the more senior managers may not have the issues I witnessed.

I am giving the KLA-Tencor's CEO (Rick Wallace) a low rating because all I can really judge him on is the culture he created that I worked in (described above) and the value of KLA-Tencor's stock during my time at the company. When I started the price of KLA-Tencor stock was $50/share, and on my last day it was $39/share.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy were so many of my mangers put on performance warning and ultimately dismissed from the company? I would have stayed with you a bit longer if it weren't for the aberrant behavior of my managers.

Great place to work if you are willing to work hard.

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

I worked at KLA-Tencor

Pros: Good compensation if you consider bonus and profit sharing. Highly regarded top management and excellent training. Vacation and sick… Cons: There seems to be quite a few reorganizations which can be a god or a bad thing depending on… Advice to Senior Management: I would try to limit reorganizations when possible and try to maintain staffing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Would not recommend working in IT

IT Employee (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA

I worked at KLA-Tencor

Pros: There is both support work and project work available However increasing use… Cons: No opportunities for career advancement in IT No recognition and little… Advice to Senior Management: Others have mentioned it before The senior IT management just does not listen so it is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on KLA-Tencor.

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!