KLA-Tencor

www.kla-tencor.com
  www.kla-tencor.com
There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor

As good as any place to work in the current economy.

I have been working at KLA-Tencor

Pros

Great place to gain diverse experience in the semiconductor industry. The dominate position that KLA-Tencor holds in it's core product lines ensures solid exposure to the key players in chip manufacturing. It is also a good place to gain global experience, with an emphasis on Asia.

Cons

Workload is quite high which drives a fairly dry, non personal work environment. The workload also makes it difficult to manage work/life balance. It also leaves little time for managers to work with employees on career development and coaching. On the other hand some of this is the nature of the industry, and much of it is a direct effect of the current economic situation the world is in.

Provide more frequent updates to employees regarding the state of the industry and our position within it.

358 Other Employee Reviews for KLA-Tencor (View Most Recent)

A strong company well positioned for the future.

I have been working at KLA-Tencor

Pros

The company has great technology and very good people. KT is a market leader in nearly every market segment in which we compete. We are a global company in a critical industry. We are well positioned to navigate this challenging environment and succeed when the overall business environment improves.

The company has expanded into adjacent markets such as green technology (solar and HBLED) and will be able to leverage the historical strengths as we move into new markets.

Cons

As a market leader a lot is expected of the teams at KT. We are also compete in a challenging and cyclical industry that requires a lot of determination.

It's critcal that we work together in these challenging times.

Good job..but has big ups and downs.

Current Employee - Costumer Service Engineer III in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Costumer Service Engineer III in Richardson, TX

I have been working at KLA-Tencor

Pros

The flexible work schedule is nice. You typically know what is on the ajenda a day in advance and can schedule activities around work. This is a Field Service job so some travel is required. Probably 4 weeks a year at most. In Dallas most of your work will be supporting fabs in the DFW area. ESPP. Profit sharing when the company is profitable. Car allowance is nice. Internet is paid for up to $50. Company provides laptop and blackberry.

Cons

Lack of exposure to equipment can make OJT very slow and difficult.

Figure out a good man power formula for the company that works in good times and bad times. Layoffs hurt morale of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor