KLA-Tencor

  www.kla-tencor.com
  www.kla-tencor.com
There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor

1 person found this helpful  

A good company to start with

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Senior Systems Design Engineer in Milpitas, CA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Design Engineer in Milpitas, CA

I worked at KLA-Tencor

Pros

Professional development. It is a good place to start your career. A lot of training opportunities help you build up your knowledge in the semiconductor industry.

Cons

salary is not very high and the work hours are long

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Less meeting can save manager's life

Recommends
Approves of CEO

360 Other Employee Reviews for KLA-Tencor (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1. 8 people found this helpful  

    Disillusioned

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Milpitas, CA

    I have been working at KLA-Tencor

    Pros

    There are very competent and able engineers working at KLA-Tencor, most of which have a passion for designing and engineering quality products. If you work for the right group, you can almost bear all the negatives I'm sure other people have written about in their reviews (which are all pretty accurate).

    Cons

    Coming from a mechanical engineer:

    The management is very politically driven, motivated by the $$$ and deadlines/pressure from the upper echelons, not with whether a product is ready for production. Is this just how business is run these days?

    There is so much red tape / paperwork to do! Although my job title says "design engineer", design only constitutes about 25% of my actual workload. The other 75% is filling out forms and pushing papers in a bloated and inefficient system in order to get anything released for manufacturing.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Motivate your workers to work hard, especially in these tough economic times.

    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO
  2. 6 people found this helpful  

    KLA, a company where mediocrity always trumps innovation and hard work.

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Design Engineer III in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Design Engineer III in San Jose, CA

    I worked at KLA-Tencor

    Pros

    Great place to be mentered fresh out of school. Growth is good for fresh grads. Is your performance average? If so this is a place you can hang your hat and do almost nothing while earning a good salary.

    Cons

    Not conducive to individuals in mid career or senior levels coming in. Company appears to treat their senior level contributors as comodity. I've noticed that the good professionals do 90% of the work and are the first to get axed during a lay-off.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    The best asset is your people. You can't toss out your veteran level individual contributors and expect your rookies to create or sustain world class products

    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor

Work at KLA-Tencor? Share Your Experiences

KLA-Tencor

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.