There are newer employer reviews for KMS Solutions

Standard experiance for Defense industry companies.

I have been working at KMS Solutions

Pros

Benefits and relationships with customer

Cons

salary and Sr Management interface

7 Other Employee Reviews for KMS Solutions (View Most Recent)

KMS Solutions Is A Phenomenal Company!!!

Current Employee - SME II Facilitator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - SME II Facilitator in Washington, DC

I have been working at KMS Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Close knit company with much interaction from Senior Executives without feeling micromanaged. They offer great benefits and 401k. They also support of continuing education and professional growth through a tuition reimbursement program. My co-workers feel more like family and we work hard, cohesively, to provide the client with above and beyond service. I was unemployed for almost 6mos after retiring from the Navy. I had to take a job that I didn't like in order to make ends meet. Thanks to KMS who actually took time to read my resume, I have a job that I love and enjoy going to every day.

Cons

I have no Cons! When I read previous reviews about problems with the PTO I can only reply in one manner. Everything is in black in white before you sign that offer. I guess 20yrs of being in the military teaches you to actually read what you are signing before you do so.

Really I have no advice except maybe to expand the company nationally from East to West Coast. Possibly creating openings in other areas like California. And to continue in providing phenomenal service to your internal customers as well as external as you have been.

A GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor and Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor and Manager in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at KMS Solutions full-time

Pros

Not only does the company share the cost of my health & dental premiums, but they cover the yearly deductible by depositing $100 into my HSA every month, and it's great insurance. You are given 3 plan options to suit your personal needs; you don't have to pick the one with a $5000 deductible.

As far as the PTO, you are told that you get 22 days per year, and that 10 of those are holidays; you're still left with 12 business days (2 weeks + 2 days) off each year, and you don't have to wait 1-year to begin accruing. This is written in your offer letter and you're given a benefit summary of all benefits BEFORE employment begins; if you don't understand it just ask before you accept employment. None of that is hidden.

Cons

Don't really know of any. EVERY employee since I've been here has received an annual bonus and many an annual increase in salary, even in this economy.

Continue to encourage employees to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement program, it has allowed me to afford college and gain certifications that may have financially discouraged me if the program didn't exist.

There are newer employer reviews for KMS Solutions