KPMG
3.5 of 5 2,726 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to build a career...if they let you finish it there.

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
Montvale, NJ

I worked at KPMG full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA few years ago the company was great on work/life balance, employee satisfaction (as evidenced by their survey approval ratings) and community service. The atmosphere was great and it was a fun place to work. My former colleagues and I would even schedule community service activities and use our 12 paid hours to go out and help others, which was a great feeling. I am giving 4 stars overall because I couldn't choose 3.5 and also based on the fact that I learned a lot of things in my time there. The people are very talented people, and most of them are very nice...I found some good friends here so that bumps it up to 4 instead of down to 3.

ConsEventually, things started to change. The work/life balance disappeared...this all started with round, after round, after round, after round of layoffs and outsourcing. The office topic became about "who was working until midnight last night" or "who worked this weekend." Silly office politics started to come into play and people eventually seemed to forget how to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the talent of your employees. Stop looking to make the review process ever more difficult and stop playing silly office politics and giving better reviews to people who do less work but are favorites for whatever subjective reason. Some people here work very hard and are overlooked, overworked and are the ones that are usually given crap while others are allowed to coast by. Be fair to everyone and show more appreciation for your employees. And for crying out loud, remember to have fun! A dull workplace makes for a poor workplace.

Difficult, team-building experience with wonderful mentors.

Audit Associate (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at KPMG full-time for less than a year

Pros: Exposure to various industries, wonderful guidance from seniors, broad variety… Cons: Sometimes work can be methodical. Was assigned to clients… Advice to Senior Management: Assign associates challenges rather than preparing workpapers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

excellent

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at KPMG full-time for more than a year

Pros: good brand nice employer cool Cons: work hours work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on KPMG.

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees.