KPMG
3.5 of 5 2,732 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

It's going down the tubes...

Director (Former Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I worked at KPMG full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt's a good brand name on your c.v.... for now. It opens doors.

ConsIt has a terrible reputation for retaining lateral hires, I wouldn't be surprised if by year 3 almost 80% of lateral hires leave. There is a very strong "closed door" policy - if you're trying to develop a relationship other partners will consider you a threat.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that doing things you did 20 years ago is not what you're expected to do now... if you keep the partnership a closed shop for so long, with many under performing partners there for the ride, you get the situation you are in now... where every partner hates the other.

Boring, hierarchical

Analyst (Former Employee)
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at KPMG as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Brand name is quite decent I guess Cons: Accounting mindset, steep hierarchies, repetitive work Advice to Senior Management: - No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good opportunities if you are willing to work long hours and no work life balance

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at KPMG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: stable career path, 2-3 years in each ranking reasonable paid Cons: no work life balance Senior management lacks direction and are generally… Advice to Senior Management: do not just tell employees to maintain 'work life balance', but actually allow them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on KPMG.

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees.