Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at KPMG full-time

Pros

The people I work with are great. Work/Life balance is recognized by management. I have never been told I wasnt able to take a vacation or to skip something important to me. A strong mentality of "as long as you get the work done", I am able to make my schedule work. A strong player in the Accounting services and Advisory services with a broad spectrum of services to provide.

Cons

A heavy reliance on chargeability, making sure your time is billable while still encouraging various different services and inter-office groups.

Other Employee Reviews for KPMG

1. Good place to work with great management group.

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great variety of projects giving you a broad spectrum of experience. Many opportunities to work with specialists. Early opportunities to work directly with clients.

Cons

High and often unreasonable expectations for staff knowedge,. Many hours expected to be worked for most of the year. The management group is very experienced and seem to forget being an associate.

2. Positive place to start a career.

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Communal atmosphere, opportunity to expand your network, excellent benefits (non salary) package, supportive infrastructure, excellent opportunity for work life balance in most advisory networks

Cons

Salary ranges on the lower rungs of competitive, highly political environment in most networks (more about who you know than what you do), beyond manager in advisory there is limited upward mobility as they seem to have committed to bringing in partners from external sources