KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

KPMG good for starting out

Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - IT Advisory in Detroit, MI

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

They have a lot of good leaders who will give you the tools needed to succeed. I never felt like I did not know what to do and I was always given the support I was needed. It was a great place and experience and I learned a lot about myself as well. I also very much enjoyed the out of office programs they supported which gave me a chance to meet everyone I worked with. Pay was very well too.

Cons

Hours can be very long, especially during busy season. Also, sometimes it was difficult to seperate work and life.

Provide more opportunities for people on staff to give their ideas.

3227 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Overall a good experience

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate BPS in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate BPS in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Great Benefits. Overall from a management consulting perspective, the work environment is a lot better than those of publicly listed consulting firms (Accenture, Capgemini, etc). Management is focused on the long term growth, and is willing to invest in growing practices.

Overall the culture is very collegiate, unlike other firms. The firm provides plenty of training for employees.

Cons

Coming from a management consulting firm, I found the culture to revolves around risk. It is understandable for Audit, Tax and Internal audit engagments, but complicates regular management consulting engagements (BPS) with unnecessary work being perfomed to comply with the firm's "work paper" policy.

Overall I find the firm to be fairly bureaucratic with significant layers of management

Simplify the work papers policy for management consulting engagements. A lot of time is spent doing paperwork after engagements are done, this time could be spent on business development. Also the firm needs to do a better job of sharing knowledge, some employees treat is treat it as "their" IP, while in fact it is the "firms", our competitors are way ahead in knowledge management and their efforts should be replicated at KPMG.

KPMG - not so bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

good place to build your resume

Cons

to much OT for staff

more feedback