There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Good place to start a career

Former Employee - Advisory Senior Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Launchpad for a career elsewhere

Cons

Long hours, can be lots of travel

Need more candor from management

3029 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

KPMG is great

Current Employee - Tax  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Career progression and brand name are the two reasons why I decided to join KPMG. They really know how to treat their employees well. The Houston office has bought Cirque du Soleil tickets for everyone in the office, and they have rented a yacht to have a party on. In the tax department during busy season, there is always free food, and they buy dinner for you ever night. The benefits are top notch as well. I think it is the only company that gives you five weeks vacation starting off.

Cons

It is very structured. Your career progression is not really based on performance.

I would tell them that they are doing a great job.

Great resources for education and career advancement.

Former Employee - Advisory Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Advisory Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Access to top companies/clients. Big 4 firms are the only place to obtain that kind of experience. Great resources for education and career advancement. If you do not wish to be on partner track, the network is more than happy to help you get placed with a client (subject to the rules of course) or keep in touch with you so that you can become a client.

Cons

It is very difficult to maintain the work/life balance and meet billing quotas. To bill to one hour of quota one must work about 2 hours. That becomes difficult when travelling and you have a family to take care of. Many of the required activities are not considered part of the revenue quota.

Keep up the quest for work life balance. KPMG has done a better job than any of the other Big Firms. I enjoyed working for KPMG.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!