KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

A great place to work, if you

Current Employee - Senior Associate, IT Advisory in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate, IT Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Management is commited to it's employer of choice strategy. Time-off is not hard to get, if you request it in advance and not on the day of your vacation. The benefits are great and probably the best of all the big 4, and many other companies.

Cons

There are definitely long hours and some stressful times of year (but there are some easier times too). There aredefinitely some inconsistencies in managment. Some partners will treat you as a name and face and will actually show their thanks, while others may just treat you as another employee who is replaceable.

Definitely a good place to work.

3282 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

KPMG - a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

I'm proud to say that I work for KPMG. Sometimes the hours are long, which is to be expected. I believe that the company does everything it can to keep us happy. Sometimes it gets lost in the trickle down to line level employees but the good intentions are there, which is alot more than I can say of some of my previous employers. Work hard and you will be recognized and promoted.

Cons

You're not always appreciated. Sometimes the hours are long. There are people that make it not such a great place to work. But it is a career... not a vacation. The downsides are that of any job.

Leadership goes to great lengths to make sure this a great place to work. Remember that. Treat people like they are people, how you would want to be treated if you were in their position.

It's not the perfect job, but it's a pretty darn good place to work.

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

It varies wildly from group to group and office to office, but the firm leadership generally seems to have gotten on board with the "employer of choice" concept. We have no mandatory overtime, generous benefits, alternative work schedules, a firm commitment to professional and personal development, and opportunities for rotations and overseas assignments. Plus having the near death experience with the DOJ has cleaned out a lot of the bogus stuff that we used to try and sell to clients.

I worked at a big 4 firm 10 years ago and the difference is like night and day. It's certainly not a cushy job, and not an 8-5 job, but for those who want to work hard and work toward becoming a valued advisor in the business world, KPMG would be a good place to start your career.

Cons

You can get too specialized and pigeonhole yourself if you're not careful. And there are still some people who manage to rise through the ranks while paying lip service to the idea that employees are valuable assets that need to be nurtured.

If you take care of the little things for employees (perks, benefits, etc.), the big things often take care of themselves. Unfortunately, it often seems to be the perks and benefits that get cut first when the hard times come. Just make sure you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US