KPMG US

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great Place to either Start a Career or Stay for the Long-term

Former Employee - Senior Associate
Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Challenging environment (No two days are the same)
- Mentorship
- Internal opportunities to move to other lines of business due to KPMG's Scale

Cons

- Long Hours (But this is a trait shared among all top firms and fortune 500 companies)
- The experience is very divergent depending on the line of business and industry you choose. Make sure that you have a real interest in the job and industry.

I believe management is headed in the right direction in terms of listening to its employees and trying hard to fix the comp structure so that people want to perform and high performers want to stay. I think retaining high performers is critical to the business, but this is not an easy problem to resolve. So my advice to management would be to just keep doing what you are doing.

3168 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Problem Managers Amongst The Good

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company provides a great deal of internal opportunities for training that is mostly focused on Auditing and compliance. They also provide an annual $2500 training budget for each employee. The facilities are good and most of management is effective and functional.
    The engagements really test you so be prepare for long hours (60hrs - 80hrs) which is a good thing once you are willing to learn and you like producing a good product.
    Having a great personality would get you a long way!

Cons

However, there are some engagement managers that really need professional training. The company should try and identify these managers and train them properly. Some operate as if its their right to abuse junior staff or make them look bad if they don't like you.
    KPMG do a lot of Diversity training but it is not focused on the usual things such as Race, Women, religion, etc. It seems to be heavily focused on same sex issues. This is not a good thing. It is better to have a balanced approach.
    There are some assignments that may require relocation for a prolong period of time. This can be problematic if you have a family. Don’t be caught off-guard if avarice appears to be an issue. As one manager indicated they have to make sure all engagements are profitable.
    Finally, favoritism is a problem. This may show up as the legnth of time between engagements (sitting on the bench). You definitely need to market yourself. This is not told to you in any training but through conversation with some of the good managers and colleagues.

Do internal audits on your staff to really weed out the bad managers amongst the many good and productive people. I know you have the employee hotline to secretly report poblems but secrets within KPMG is like putting water in a leaky bucket. It always gets out; hence many keep quiet,

Excellent and awsome till now...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. The brand name
    2. Decent enough pay
    3. Process oriented
    4. Helps you gain knowledge about the 'whole picture' which ever is the domain

Cons

1. Work and lots of it
    2. Invloves lots of travel
    3. My main grouse is , the role i was shortlisted for is not the role I am working in now..but cant take a risk to move again considering the prose mentioned above and the current mkt scenario

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US