KPMG US
3.5 of 5 2,929 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to start your career - just watch out for some managers

Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

Pros- Amazing colleagues
- Partners and senior managers are very approachable
- Decent starting salary if you are coming straight out of uni
- Team / department / project drinks and socials every two weeks at least
- If you're in a good project with a good manager, you are in heaven

Cons- Pay rises and bonuses are insulting
- Get in the wrong project with the wrong manager and you are in hell
- Everyone seems friendly on the surface but there are lots of politics underneath

Advice to Senior ManagementKPMG is a great company where you will get treated fairly. The best part are definitely your colleagues, who will become great friends very quickly. Lots of smart, talented and good looking people. The salary is good initially but the pay rises and bonuses in the last couple of years have been insulting.
There are loads of free drinks and socials if that's your thing. On some projects you will work 12 hours a day, on some others 4 hours or less! Senior management are usually very friendly and approachable as long as you don't screw up or step on their toes.

Be careful with some managers. Tread carefully and choose your alliances wisely. You can play the "I'll do work for anyone and not get involved in politics" card for a while, but eventually you get dragged to muddy waters. Golden rule: keep your mouth shut and don't spread any rumours or hearsay.

Overall a good experience if you're starting your career, the KPMG brand will glow in your resume. Getting a promotion is not easy and there is lots of competition, so you will have to work hard.

Disclaimer: I'm an analyst in Risk Consulting, which is a newish part of KPMG. I doubt my experiences will apply to the other departments. Although I joined straight out of uni I didn't join as a graduate so can't comment on the graduate programme.

a good place to be

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for less than a year

Pros: tough tired intense rewarded fantastic Cons: it is a great place to be, because you can… Advice to Senior Management: less intensive, more human Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Gaining work experience

I have been working at KPMG US full-time

Pros: Very good place to start your career. You will learn… Cons: You have to be fully commited to work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on KPMG US.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG US CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees.