There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to start your career - just watch out for some managers

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Amazing colleagues
- Partners and senior managers are very approachable
- Decent starting salary if you are coming straight out of uni
- Team / department / project drinks and socials every two weeks at least
- If you're in a good project with a good manager, you are in heaven

Cons

- Pay rises and bonuses are insulting
- Get in the wrong project with the wrong manager and you are in hell
- Everyone seems friendly on the surface but there are lots of politics underneath

KPMG is a great company where you will get treated fairly. The best part are definitely your colleagues, who will become great friends very quickly. Lots of smart, talented and good looking people. The salary is good initially but the pay rises and bonuses in the last couple of years have been insulting.
There are loads of free drinks and socials if that's your thing. On some projects you will work 12 hours a day, on some others 4 hours or less! Senior management are usually very friendly and approachable as long as you don't screw up or step on their toes.

Be careful with some managers. Tread carefully and choose your alliances wisely. You can play the "I'll do work for anyone and not get involved in politics" card for a while, but eventually you get dragged to muddy waters. Golden rule: keep your mouth shut and don't spread any rumours or hearsay.

Overall a good experience if you're starting your career, the KPMG brand will glow in your resume. Getting a promotion is not easy and there is lots of competition, so you will have to work hard.

Disclaimer: I'm an analyst in Risk Consulting, which is a newish part of KPMG. I doubt my experiences will apply to the other departments. Although I joined straight out of uni I didn't join as a graduate so can't comment on the graduate programme.

reviews filtered by
  1. a good place to be

Current Employee - Project Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (less than a year)

Pros

tough tired intense rewarded fantastic

Cons

it is a great place to be, because you can further chase the company based on the big 4 background

less intensive, more human

Great people, great company overall but lots of red-tape and not much growth opportunity for admin professionals.

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits package is good, PTO is 20 days just to start and you have the ability to flex your schedule.

Cons

Leadership needs an overhaul in planning and execution, administrative folks are treated as second class citizens because we are not revenue generating. Technology is usually old and slow to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US