KPMG US

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

times a changing

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good place to build a career, lots of learning opportunities and resources. good employer of choice focus. great people.

Cons

unpredictability of continuous last minute issues/projects arising from clients, audit teams, or administration/management

audit world is changing with pressures from both clients and regulators, needs to be a continued priority and area of focus in planning for the future.

3171 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Undervalued in Lisle.

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Lisle, IL

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I gained experience in sales and use tax compliance while working for a Big 4 firm.

Cons

LOTS of turnover since Feb. 2012. I know of interns at smaller firms that make more than our Senior Associates. The work is redundant. Doesn't "feel" like you work for a Big 4 firm (no interaction with partners within SALT or employees in other service lines. Not a diverse office by any means.

Increase compensation, become more involved in the career planning of Associates and Sr. Associates.

Review for the IT Department - Not Professional Services (Audit/Tax and Advisory)

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I worked at KPMG US as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Terrific environment and good ERP infrastructure. Pays well for the consultants and Employees are highly empowered. Most of the work is done offshore and learning potential is good. As employee, I see the growth potential is huge. If you are contractor, you pay is appreciable.

Cons

Decentralization of controls and heavy politics. People seem to work together and like each other, but not so in reality. Several of KPMG Senior Management are looking at timelines than the bigger perspective and picture. Not the right right people in right place, I would say may be 2 to 3 out 10 are right skilled and doing their deliverables effectively.

None..