There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

My thoughts on how I would rank the firm KPMG and how I view the firm.

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility on my team is great, however I still find myself working on my off-time. Co-workers are great and team work is key.

Cons

Starting pay is always good, but in CSS the increases are extremely minimal and no bonuses if you're under a manager level.

Advice to Management

Start taking some of the feedback the employees are giving. High Performance Culture without High Performance Pay is NOT worth the extra work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Kpmg

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at KPMG US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional work environment. Can work independently. Can take on as much responsibility as you can handle.

Cons

Used to be a little of a sink or swin environment for new staff......

Not a great environment....

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in Detroit, MI

I worked at KPMG US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Exposure to large / high profile clients. Good resume builder if you're looking to exit to financial reporting or internal audit.

Cons

- Work life balance non-existent with absolutely no control over hours or travel schedule regardless of how efficient you are.
    - Bonuses are pathetic compared to industry.
    - All the best people leave to take higher paying jobs in industry so the Managers / Sr. Managers that are running engagements don't what they're doing and are inefficient.
    - Inefficient staffing (i.e., 5 staff sitting on the bench for weeks on end while others at the same level are working 80 hour weeks).
    -The work itself is boring and doesn't add value. Too many checklists. No opportunity to create something from scratch. The results of your work will not influence decisions in any way (this applies both interally - KPMG management, and externally - the client management)

Advice to Management

-The "working-until-midnight-makes-me-a-star" thinking has to change. The true stars are the ones that could pump out the work in 30 hours and call it a day.
    - Promotions should be based on merit / efficiency, not a rigid tenure system.
    - Total comp is in a very small band for each position, encouraging people to coast along knowing there's no real reward for working hard