There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Enjoyable Work and People

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work was interesting and steady. My co-workers were friendly. The office was business casual except for meetings with clients. They had the best IT department of any company I've worked for. Knowing that someone will pick up the phone and troubleshoot computer problems at a client site takes away the headache.

Cons

Excessive meetings and long conference calls. That's more the nature of the work though.

3029 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable place to work

Current Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is hard and hours are long, but there are great amenities to the day-to-day work day (break rooms, food (sometimes free!), nice office space). Vacation time is plenty, even for entry level employees.

Cons

Nothing really to note. Moving up to the next level takes time, but it is standard for the type of employer

Nothing to add. My time with the company has been great.

Very political environment

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good clients, fast paced, good reputation in general.

Cons

Like many companies, it isn't what you know but who you know. Company is too big for its own good just like other companies of its ilk. Why anyone would really want to work for these types of companies is beyond me now. They are all like MLM companies but on a bigger scale. Start as a little minion and try and work your way up. You better be drinking the kool-aid and start in these companies early if you want any chance of success to make the big money at the partner level. Better find someone to be your guardian angel along the way as well.

Look beyond the reviews of people as they are often just about the personal relationships people have rather than their professional ones.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!