KPMG US
3.5 of 5 2,931 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good experience but little customer contact

Intern, IT Advisory (Current Employee)
Munich (Germany)

ProsGood office atmosphere, even as an intern communication with Senior Management is on a first name basis. Internship gives the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and experience a large variety of work. Very good salary package.

ConsAt the interview, the internship was described as being fully involved in a project team. In reality, I found that I was only supporting the project team from the office, since the company didn't want to pay the travel/hotel expenses for an intern to participate in on-site activities. This is most likely different, in the Audit functions, but unfortunately this is how I experienced it in IT Advisory.

The complex administration structure limits the possibilities of employees a lot with respect to their IT needs. Every special issue needs seperate approvel, which takes ages to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt surely is hard to have a more flexibel administration in such a large company. But giving at least your IT pros some more freedom in what they do would be highly desirable.

N/A

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at KPMG US

Pros: strong reputation, good learning opportunity Cons: low salaries, long working hours Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review

Advisory Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Wellington (New Zealand)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros: Global Opportunities and Industry experience Cons: Management is not committed to employee learning and development Advice to Senior Management: Get staff more involved in decision making and client relationships Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on KPMG US.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG US CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees.