There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Most Important: Great place to learn about people and politics!
2. Treats employees with respect
3. Great perks like 25 days of Personal Time Off

Cons

1. Perceived difference between client facing and back office. The management is trying to correct this (right step forward)
2. Partnership culture evident throughout the company - politics and favoritism is the name of game

reviews filtered by
  1. Welcoming and stimulating environment

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Diego, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Diego, CA

I have been working at KPMG US as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern for Summer 2013 and even before I walked through the door I was welcomed by everyone in my office. Instantly felt like part of the team. Offers great intern activities and room for growth.

Cons

Unless you participate in outside activities with the whole firm, you won't see the departments you aren't in (but what Big Four isn't divided in some way?).

Out of Touch

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have a lot of great peers that I work with like me. They are engaging and want to make a difference. The training here is acceptable. It could use more relevant online offerings, but overall it is pretty good. The work/ life balance is good and we have strong diversity programs.

Cons

The 2013 merit and promotion process here at KPMG is a train wreck. We have had a lot of things change this year, to include how people are rated and considered for managers. They told us last year that they would be changing the process to align with our merit programs. That meant they were going to push up the promotion dates by ninety days. Even having an extra three months, they were still not able to tell anyone if they would be promoted by the month-end deadline. Since I and many others have spent a lot of time and energy working here to get a promotion, you think they would have enough respect to tell us in a reasonable time or at least to stick to their deadline. I have been informed there are some groups that are lowering our ratings because we have too many high achievers. These are all cost saving measures, and this comes on the heels of one of the most profitable years we have had in many years. I would think twice before coming to KPMG if you are leaving college or looking for a career boost. This is a tough place to build a career. They fell out of the top 100 for a reason and it has become apparent to me. My friends are looking to join some of the other Big Four Firms and I have considered going with them because I do not see this getting better. It is time for a fresh start somewhere else.

Be clear in your communications. Stop procrastinating and delaying the rewards that have been earned by your staff. Treat people with the same courtesy you expect from others. We work hard and want to be successful, so please stop being an obstacle to our success.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US