KPMG US
3.5 of 5 2,924 reviews
www.kpmg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Decent Experience - Low Pay

Associate (Former Employee)

ProsBrand name employer, can learn a lot quickly (due to the long hours), people are generally hard workers, large company with experts in many disciplines, ability to change practices (although this could take several years).

ConsNo work/life balance, culture of staying until 10pm is pushed down by the Sr. Managers even when completely unnecessary, most of the talent leaves before making Manager leading to incompetence, extensive travel (even in audit). Salary + bonus is not on par with private industry (about 40% less in fact, until you make partner, then it evens up).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pushing 'face-time' and instead focus on results (particularly for fixed fee engagements), and people might stick around longer. Pay real bonuses to junior staff.

Corrupt senior management, limited career growth opportunities

Senior Associate - Advisory (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: great clients and good networking opportunities Cons: corrupt upper management and limited career growth opportunities Advice to Senior Management: Start having your upper management take part in their engagements… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An ok experience. good start

Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for more than a year

Pros: Big 4 experience, networking. learning opportnities Cons: No Work life Balance, very demanding but that's useful, bad… Advice to Senior Management: Bring more visibility, do not run like business and treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on KPMG US.

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG US reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for KPMG US CEO John B. Veihmeyer . All reviews posted anonymously by KPMG US employees.