There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Structured, friendly, challenging

Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG US as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, well-defined structure for the internship, decently organized, expectations are made clear. The internship program as a whole gave me a good idea of what to expect as an associate, especially during busy season (when I was there). A very worthwhile experience.

Cons

Communication between groups was not always the best and scheduling was a bit difficult at times. Also, a little scary to hear that there had been layoffs due to inaccurate projections of needs, so that didn't do much to make me feel secure. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Really make sure those who are in management roles have actual management skill, be more communicative and open.

3099 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Top-notch organization able to take an active role in multiple sectors, great training ground

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sector experience is unrivalled; flexible work

Cons

frequent travel; lack of opportunities for managers and directors to advance

A) Some of the former audit folks in the advisory organization do not understand the nature of serving as a trusted advisor and start off trying to audit clients B) There needs to be more focus on assisting people transition from junior ranks to Partner.

KPMG is full of good people who are driven to make an impact.

Current Employee - Advisory Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Advisory Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good quality all around (people, business model, client base, capabilities / service offerings, and growth opportunities)

Cons

Some standard performance goals create a culture of competitiveness where teamwork should be expected.

Developing and maintaining a culture unique to KPMG is difficult given most of our people work at client office locations nearly full-time.

Give employees confidence that small sacrifices of individual performance in the name of excellent teaming will be rewarded.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US