KPMG US

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Structured, friendly, challenging

Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY

I worked at KPMG US as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, well-defined structure for the internship, decently organized, expectations are made clear. The internship program as a whole gave me a good idea of what to expect as an associate, especially during busy season (when I was there). A very worthwhile experience.

Cons

Communication between groups was not always the best and scheduling was a bit difficult at times. Also, a little scary to hear that there had been layoffs due to inaccurate projections of needs, so that didn't do much to make me feel secure. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

Really make sure those who are in management roles have actual management skill, be more communicative and open.

3171 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Good place to build solid business foundation

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Global firm with well-known reputation, hire a lot of people every year, have training program in place for employees to expand knowledge and skillset

Cons

High turnover at staff level, difficult to gain breadth of experience once in a group

Great employees tend to become disgruntled and leave mainly because pay is not competitive. If you want to keep the good ones, at least up the base salary and/or bonus at sufficient levels.

As an entry-level staff, you will learn a lot.

Former Employee - Audit Associate
    Former Employee - Audit Associate

I worked at KPMG US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

KPMG has good reputation and good people relationship within the firm. It also provides exceptional training, which is very good for junior staff. You will have lots of opportunities after you work at KPMG.

Cons

Work-life balance is not good. You won't have weekends during the peak season. Besides, the compensation is not competitive nowadays.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US