KPMG US

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in Venezuela at DOMINGUEZ DEBERA ALCARAZ VASQUEZ

Cons

Excellent experience working for your Co

I shared my work with three Accounting Partners. It was one of my best experiences.

3220 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Rotating door type of company

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salaries are competitive with other consultant companies

Cons

They don't care about their employees, only the money they make. Everyone is dispensable I know, but at this company it's blatant obvious.

When employees leave after a year, and you have such high turnover, think about why? And think those people who leave will be at other companies you are trying to create business with.

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

KPMG has some really great people to learn from, and it is an excellent place to establish connections that will further advance your career. Being a large firm, there are a lot of resources and it is a good window into what it's like to work for a large, relevant organization. Working in professional services can be challenging, but it does prepare you to work in other organizations and most seem far less complex after having worked here. I think KPMG is a great place for college students to start their career, get the name on their resume, and then either stay and hope to land a good manager/Partner and follow the traditional promotion track, or leverage the experience to get a job in the industry.

Cons

The environment is not for everyone. People are very specialized (which could be a good or bad thing) but its not a very "nimble" organization. Leadership says a lot of things that sound nice in theory, but the reality is much different and that is frustrating to employees who have simple solutions that would impact their daily lives much better and they are dismissed in favor of grandiose ideas that are rarely executed properly. Furthermore, the organization is risk averse to a fault, and it impacts the ability of employees to do their jobs. The administrative burden on employees can be substantial (depending on what practice you are in). The Audit practice handicaps the ability of Advisory to grow due to many independence conflicts and potential relationships they want to build. If you are going to work at KPMG in Advisory, this is something to consider. Especially at the Director level and above where there are revenue targets.

Practice what you preach. If your tagline is "cutting through complexity", start by taking a look inside and eliminating some of the complexities that have formed over time and are outdated and a detriment to the organization. Focus on what KPMG brings to the table, instead of constantly trying to be Deloitte, PwC, or EY and be more innovative.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US