KPMG US

www.kpmg.com
  www.kpmg.com
There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Forget about family and friends while working here

I have been working at KPMG US as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

High salary
Clear career path within the company

Cons

This internship was the worst time of my life. Let me start off by saying that Big Four is not the only way that you can be successful in an accounting career. Ask anybody here why they staymost likely it's too get a manmanagement position in industry after a few years. Mind you thos"few" years you must work hours like a human machine. To be more specific, around filling time I didn't get off until 3am and had to still come in the next day at 8. You will have to work weekends too. A manager once told me that you pretty much have to give up family and friends while working here. As an intern you must go and get dinner for your co-workers then Cowan up the conference room afterwards. My senior said he hadn't seen his child in two weeks. I had health issues from stress and a death in my family but they said to still come in, since the work needs to be done before filing date. Is this whole "Big Four" status really worth it? You make the decision.

3141 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Positive

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My top three reasons for staying with the firm: Great people, great vacation days, flexible work schedule (e.g. work from home). Other added benefits - ability to take a sabbatical, ability to move around within the firm, international projects and opportunities.

Cons

The nature of being in a consulting role (i.e. having to account for every hour that you work), although this is not at all specific to KPMG. Long hours during busy season. Pay is not as competitive as those at PwC, from what I hear.

Pay us more!

Good company to work

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Wide experience to different industries

Cons

Work involves lot of travel

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US