KPMG US

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Mixed Feelings

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at KPMG US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities (travel, clients, skill development, upward movement) available for the proactive employee.

Cons

Unfocused leadership, terrible work-life balance, employees can be promoted too quickly not possessing the necessary leadership, inconsistent initiatives and execution, new employees treated like resources ("full-time equivalents") with little concern for career development, minimal accountability in management; a grind or die atmosphere.

Only promote staff to managers who can't actually manager people not who only do their own work well; cut down on initiatives that fade quickly, upper management needs to be much more accountable and actually inspire their "full-time equivalents" and not always shuffle the blame. Overall the career opportunities and bonuses were good, but the leadership, work-life balance, and culture were not. It was laid back but still a grind, which didn't fit. It was a good place to start my career, but after year two it was a terrible slog and I wish I left sooner. I would not recommend KPMG to a friend or colleague, and would advise them to look into another Big Four.

3171 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Associate, Advisory

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US full-time

Pros

Exposure to executives at leading institutions

Cons

Managers do not have project management skills or ability to provide clear guidance or expectations on work

Lots of opportunity unclear leadership

Current Employee - Director in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at KPMG US full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity, benefits, flexibility, genuinely good people and a generally supportive work environment -- they are really trying to move ahead of the competition and doing a lot of around high performance, employer of choice, to get there -- it is a supportive culture

Cons

A great deal of shifting around in the international space, doesn't really affect the US firm but if you're working in any capacity that touches on global you will be driven crazy by changes in direction, constant addition of responsibility with no commensure increase in compensation, constant need for consensus in decision making slows us down and makes it very difficult to make progress -- worklife balance? what's that?

Either decide to be a federation of independent member firms and forget trying to have a global organization OR create a real global organization with decisionmaking capabilities

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US