There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at KPMG US full-time

Pros

The people I work with are great. Work/Life balance is recognized by management. I have never been told I wasnt able to take a vacation or to skip something important to me. A strong mentality of "as long as you get the work done", I am able to make my schedule work. A strong player in the Accounting services and Advisory services with a broad spectrum of services to provide.

Cons

A heavy reliance on chargeability, making sure your time is billable while still encouraging various different services and inter-office groups.

3037 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Positive place to start a career.

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Communal atmosphere, opportunity to expand your network, excellent benefits (non salary) package, supportive infrastructure, excellent opportunity for work life balance in most advisory networks

Cons

Salary ranges on the lower rungs of competitive, highly political environment in most networks (more about who you know than what you do), beyond manager in advisory there is limited upward mobility as they seem to have committed to bringing in partners from external sources

Good salary and benefits

Former Employee - Senior Associate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits at this firm are what kept me there year after year. Good medical coverage, good amount of vacation time, flexible work options and retirement/401k. For the most part, the Partnership figures were open and available for conversations with staff.

Cons

Depending on which department you're in, things can be really good or really bad. My work group was switched from one department to another; the first department was caring and inclusive, the second, well, not so much. My work group went from respected professionals to being left out of informational meetings and disrespected in the decision-making process. Some professionals have very entitled attitudes and exhibit a disregard for those not in the client-facing positions. Certain non-client-facing fields have extremely limited mobility options unless you want to retrain and relocate.

Listen to those with experience, no matter their personnel level. If they say something's a bad idea and they have experience with it, don't override them based on your own personal relationships. This goes against the core values you supposedly hold so dear.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!