My time at KPMG

Former Employee - Advisor in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
Former Employee - Advisor in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Great Culture, people that work there are friendly and really helpful. There a group team feeling there.

Cons

Hours are long and way outside of the agreed contract hours. You will work late in the office and you will not be paid for it. The reason is poor allocation of the required hours to do the job. Also pay is not very good and do not expect it to rise very much over time. Work there for like an 3 years and you will see like a 30% pay rise. However, partners get paid huge amounts, way above the rest of us. Most people come to get their professional qualifications and then leave.

Advice to Management

Pay everyone better below partner level

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. KPMG is a great place to work... for some people.

Former Employee - Washington National Tax - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Washington National Tax - Senior Associate

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

Plenty of talented people that are mostly friendly (at least in the NYC - Park Avenue office). Benefits and vacation are comparable to other Big 4. Advancement seems relatively attainable.

Cons

Did not get any feedback on my performance. A lot of the partners are super intelligent but knowledge-sharing is not one of KPMG's strengths. This is exemplified by the KPMG intranet... poorly designed and painstakingly complicated. Many of the practices are inefficient, with a lot of downtime between assignments. Also, I believe there are too many "fire drills" that are needlessly created because of the poor method (or lack of a method) of disseminating work to employees. Sometimes work comes from your manager, from your senior managers, from partners, etc. No clear system of dividing work.

Advice to Management

Please make it a point to give feedback to your employees. A large part of my dissatisfaction at KPMG came from the fact that I never felt that I was developing as a tax professional.

2. Great auditing firm

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Bangkok (Thailand)
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Bangkok (Thailand)

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

International recognition
    Strong fundamentals
    Good senior management
    Excellent training course
    Career advancement

Cons

Underpaid
    Different judgement and approach towards grey area of work
    Conservative and strictly think in the box
    Put too much responsibility on new joiners by let them handling the engagement. Remember this is a risk-based approach, not a revenue-based approach. Experience counts, even though you have a nice transcript.

Advice to Management

Inadequate of staff throughout the ranks. Need to give staffs real Overtime budget. Otherwise, management wouldn't know how many staffs need to be hired since the working hours are distorted.