KPMG US

A great place to work

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Excellent professional learning and development opportunites.

Cons

Client service is demanding; tough business.

Practice as much as you preach.

3169 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Great place to work...tough lifestyle!

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Great benefits and people are very nice. You get five weeks of vacation right off the bat! In my group, it usually not a problem to take the vacation as long as you put in on the calendar with enough notice so people can schedule accordingly. My performance manager is very candid and good about giving feedback. He's also great about making sure that I get the right experiences so that I can grown personally and professionally.

Cons

Scheduling on projects can be a bit erratic which may at times throw your social/personal life into upheaval. However, when coming into the industry you have to realize the nature of the beast you're getting yourself into. Client demands are a significant part of our business. Nonetheless, I usually find that I can make up the time when I'm in between projects or taking vacation.

Continue to treat people well, and pay them well, and they will stick around. I love working with my teammates. I know that our practice is continuing to grow even in these rough economic times. I just hope that we dont get too big too fast and stretch ourselves thin if thing that we're expecting do not pan out.

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Excellent culture, strong leadership. KPMG is what you make of it -- build strong relationships with your peers and management, gain respect, carve yourself a "niche" (a challenge in accounting or tax work) and you're set for life. You can stand up with the support of the Firm's values and code of conduct, and know that even if your immediate boss disagrees with you, someone more senior will give their support.

Cons

First few years are probably the hardest work of your life, but if you cut yourself a niche and build good relationships you can start directing others to do the hard work!

Keep it up!