KPMG

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at KPMG US

Pros

The people i worked with and the social aspect of the job are the thing that kept me around. Everyone is young and eager to network, so the social events can be pretty fun.

Cons

The hours are horrible. if youre lucky, you can work a 50 hour week every once in a while, but good luck seeing any sunlight for the 5 month busy season.

Advice to Management

Reward your staff more often.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. KPMG is a fine place to work

Current Employee - Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Auditor in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Good salary, good bonus structure, nice people to work with. KPMG does a good job in most areas. The only improvments I would make is improving work/life balance and giving more respect to employees that work away from home on a regular basis.

Cons

Work life balance is very poor in audit. Tax/TS get paid more for doing less work, how is that fair?

Advice to Management

Treat audit staff better so less of us leave i.e. bring it in line with the rest of the business

2. Brief view point from graduate

Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG US

Pros

Culture and people. KPMG is just like what you expect from a Big 4. Training and experience, to work for KPMG is to take the first step into the financial world.

Cons

The greatest concern for most graduates is the starting salary. Sadly, this is an area KPMG is not as competitive in relative to each compititors. They advertise on their website that their remuneration is competitive to the rest of the market, but truth be told it is more on the lower end of the scale. But they do try to compensate with other benefits. But it is difficult to evaluate the value of these other additional benefits like sick leave and such.

Advice to Management

Better compensation for employees.