KQED

www.kqed.org

Good people, but work environment feels stuffy...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI only have experience on the 2nd floor (TV production, program distribution, communications). Met some really wonderful people at my time with KQED. Everyone is pretty passionate about public media. Shuttle from BART is pretty great.

ConsStarted as an intern and transitioned into a part-time position. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for most. Most of the other interns don't see long-term futures with the company. My time was also limited due to funding and, honestly, never really finding a good fit for my skill sets.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in more young people with energy to enliven the at-time drab climate, but keep those that have contributed vibrant energy for a long time!

The dirty laundry within

Reporter (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at KQED as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: When at it's best, public radio reporting is fulfilling and… Cons: As with many public radio stations, the management at KQED is managerially deficient. Most are old reporters with no management background and no training… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to back up your reporters. We didn't chose this line of the work for the money, and certainly not to be embroiled in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They do really care about employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at KQED full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Tons of PTO, great work/life balance, and low-stress environment. Very comprehensive health insurance (though you… Cons: Employee passion can translate into lower salaries. Raises are difficult to come by due to tightly controlled HR/review protocal. Though some employees… Advice to Senior Management: Love the PTO. Some consideration of how to develop… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on KQED.

Worked for KQED? Contribute to the Community!