There are newer employer reviews for KWI

Satisfying

I have been working at KWI

Pros

Open to employees' ideas to think outside of the box

Cons

Growing fast and need more staff to help the company grow even more!

9 Other Employee Reviews for KWI (View Most Recent)

Not very exciting

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at KWI full-time for less than a year

Pros

For locals it may be ok

Cons

Long commute to work everyday

better working environment

Rocky Road

Current Employee - Help Desk  in  Greenvale, NY
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Greenvale, NY

I have been working at KWI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Convenient location for long islanders. Human Resources has improved. Fun place to work.

Cons

Stress levels have increased exponentially as a result of bad software. Developed software is not tested and
    rolled out to the masses like the roll of the dice. Software is pushed out without notice to avoid accountability. If something "bad" happens with any software release, software development will spend 10% of the time fixing the problem, 90% of the time spent on figuring out "who to blame" and 0% time will be spent on figuring out how to prevent it again.

Store Systems development and backoffice development is like a separate company but run by the same manager. Little to no communication (teethering on need-to-know basis and as-little-divulged-as-possible) contributes to second-guessing and uncertainties. It is almost impossible to engage development for information. Minimal to no feedback to employees results in not knowing when you are doing something right/wrong. This leads to employees doing as least as possible or look the other way to avoid issues.

Additional people were hired to take problem calls but the software keeps on getting worse and worse. Too many people in all the wrong places. My work load during the day is inconsistent and varies dramatically.

Call quality and resolution has taken a backseat to "looking good for the numbers". Our database of tickets is not classified correctly. Software is extremely broken and never works properly. Development is always putting in patches to fix the software that shouldn't have been out in the field to begin with.

I have come to realise different departments are run like separate companies. Why do I have unlimited access for all clients and registers but I don't have administrative access on my own desktop?

Building facilities is a mess. We lose power more often than a third world nation.

The company seemed like it was doing much better last year. The managers that have risen to the top over the years play a game and are only concerned about saving their own skin. Blame passing down to the mid level managers is frequent rather than having the backbone to assume the responsibility that is in fact on their shoulders.

Many tech decisions were made without the input of the resident experts, because management had inflated egos, and zero humility.

You are leading a software development company. The company is only as strong as the software.

There are newer employer reviews for KWI

Worked for KWI? Contribute to the Community!