A lot to learn!

Current Intern - Marketing in Anaheim, CA
Current Intern - Marketing in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to work with a really great team of people who were always willing to help each other out. My managers were great resources and became mentors. I've had 2 other internships and have heard of countless others, and in none have I known of such a good experience as mine. While everyone was busy working on the countless items on their to-do list, they were always willing to guide me in the best way they could.

Cons

This is no easy internship, but that's whats great about it! Be willing to learn because many many different challenges will come your way

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Orange, CA

I worked at KaVo Kerr Group

Pros

Competitive Salary Great Benefits Opportunities to Advance within the company.

Cons

Weekly meetings always leaned towards Micro-Management, rather than being informational.

Advice to Management

give credit, where credit is due.

Financial problems..not good for long term employment

Current Employee - Senior Executive in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Orange, CA

I have been working at KaVo Kerr Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Average salary Average benefits Nice new office building close to Disneyland

Cons

With the Danaher acquisition, the company has undergone a major cost cutting transformation. The culture has changed from family oriented to a culture of fear. All of the great benefits are a thing of the past; now we just have mediocre salaries and health benefits and they keep cutting the health benefits every year. Whenever someone gets promoted, all they get is a title change but no increase in salary. All of the well paid senior management (with the most experience in the dental industry) has either been forced to quit or have gotten fired as part of cost reduction. The remaining senior leadership have left and joined the competition. There is no talented or experienced leadership team leading the company right now (the new CEO is a kid fresh out of MBA school with no experience). Company financials are terrible; from my position I doubt Sybron will exist in a few years. Not a great place to be if you want to be employed long term.

Advice to Management

How can advice be offered to management when there is no management?