Kabam

www.kabam.com
  www.kabam.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kabam

A company that really cares about its employees

Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked at a company that cares as much about its employees. There are small things, like the open hours and take-whatever-you-want vacation policy. There's the nice office and the (too) constant supply of food, including free lunches and dinners (Not that anyone is expected to work late - it's just there for those who want to.) And one can't dismiss the massive parties the company throws when we hit a huge annual goal, like our all-company trips to Vegas and Tahoe. But I'm impressed most with Kabam specifically placing a genuine focus on and setting aside time for every employee to work towards personal career goals.

The people throughout the company on every level are both very intelligent and very friendly. Everyone all the way up to the president and CEO are extremely approachable. (It helps that they sit at desks - not in offices - like everyone else.

On the business side, a big pro is the company stays agile: We never say "this is our one groove, we're going to stay here." We're constantly pivoting with the market, trying out new things, new platforms, new technologies, and lately, new game designs.

Cons

Coming from a traditional game development background, where a team comes up with a cool game idea and executes, Kabam's methodology can feel a bit too safe and unexciting. It all makes good business sense, but making games which digress only minutely from existing games can feel like minimal progress sometimes.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Kabam (View Most Recent)

Dynamic nimble company that is managing to stay ahead of the game.

Former Employee - Digital Artist in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Artist in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Kabam as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Tight teams that work together in close proximity. Free lunch and classes. Great camaraderie between artists.Excellent use of metrics to analyze player use patterns to adjust game play for monetization.

Cons

Business goals are so aggressive that hiring is often on hold. They rely on their numbers so much that relevant parts of the game sometimes aren't perceived as important to the bottom line.

Don't overdue the formulas that seem to be working.

Really depends on your team and your manager

Current Employee - lower level in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - lower level in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits, vacation plan (unlimited - but honor system of course), lunch + dinner, the company trips are awesome, and if you're in a good team, you'll have a great experience.

Cons

Politics, if you're in the higher echelons, prepare to know how to work the system. Not as transparent as they say they are. Hope you get a good team leader - doesn't happen all that often.

Be actually transparent if that's a value you say we have.
    C level folks - realize and address all the politics going on!

There are newer employer reviews for Kabam