Kabam
www.kabam.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

A company that really cares about its employees

Art (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kabam full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've never worked at a company that cares as much about its employees. There are small things, like the open hours and take-whatever-you-want vacation policy. There's the nice office and the (too) constant supply of food, including free lunches and dinners (Not that anyone is expected to work late - it's just there for those who want to.) And one can't dismiss the massive parties the company throws when we hit a huge annual goal, like our all-company trips to Vegas and Tahoe. But I'm impressed most with Kabam specifically placing a genuine focus on and setting aside time for every employee to work towards personal career goals.

The people throughout the company on every level are both very intelligent and very friendly. Everyone all the way up to the president and CEO are extremely approachable. (It helps that they sit at desks - not in offices - like everyone else.

On the business side, a big pro is the company stays agile: We never say "this is our one groove, we're going to stay here." We're constantly pivoting with the market, trying out new things, new platforms, new technologies, and lately, new game designs.

ConsComing from a traditional game development background, where a team comes up with a cool game idea and executes, Kabam's methodology can feel a bit too safe and unexciting. It all makes good business sense, but making games which digress only minutely from existing games can feel like minimal progress sometimes.

Really depends on your team and your manager

Lower Level (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros: The benefits, vacation plan (unlimited - but honor system of course), lunch + dinner, the… Cons: Politics, if you're in the higher echelons, prepare to know how to work the system. Not as transparent… Advice to Senior Management: Be actually transparent if that's a value you say we have.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

On the way down now

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free food, flexible hours, good benefits. Cons: Creatively bankrupt. Leadership and management encourage the cloning of existing games including… Advice to Senior Management: Understand what it takes to be a content creator and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kabam.

Worked for Kabam? Contribute to the Community!

Kabam – Why Work for Us?

Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and the Web. The company is revolutionizing the video games industry by innovating… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Reviews by Company

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kabam reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kabam CEO Kevin Chou. All reviews posted anonymously by Kabam employees.