There are newer employer reviews for Kabam

A great place to work with talented people

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Art department is one of the best I have seen Engineers are very talented. Convenient hours. Unlimited PTO. Free food Nice office Great culture

Cons

Games aren't very exciting Not much room for innovation

Other Employee Reviews for Kabam

Potential but no execution

Former Employee - Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very casual environment.

Cons

Not much room for advancement, but when there is it usually doesn't come with much of a compensation boost. Management is disconnected from employees.

A company that really cares about its employees

Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Art in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked at a company that cares as much about its employees. There are small things, like the open hours and take-whatever-you-want vacation policy. There's the nice office and the (too) constant supply of food, including free lunches and dinners (Not that anyone is expected to work late - it's just there for those who want to.) And one can't dismiss the massive parties the company throws when we hit a huge annual goal, like our all-company trips to Vegas and Tahoe. But I'm impressed most with Kabam specifically placing a genuine focus on and setting aside time for every employee to work towards personal career goals. The people throughout the company on every level are both very intelligent and very friendly. Everyone all the way up to the president and CEO are extremely approachable. (It helps that they sit at desks - not in offices - like everyone else. On the business side, a big pro is the company stays agile: We never say "this is our one groove, we're going to stay here." We're constantly pivoting with the market, trying out new things, new platforms, new technologies, and lately, new game designs.

Cons

Coming from a traditional game development background, where a team comes up with a cool game idea and executes, Kabam's methodology can feel a bit too safe and unexciting. It all makes good business sense, but making games which digress only minutely from existing games can feel like minimal progress sometimes.