Kabam

www.kabam.com

Great benefits, but clueless management and few advancement opportunities.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsKabam had the best benefit package of any company. We were rewarded with catered meals, generous incentive bonuses, annual company trips, open PTO policies, and tons of swag. Their new HQ is swank!

ConsTheir executive team has no expertise in managing software development. New projects are forked from old ones, and the technical debt piles up. There is no strategy on resource or technology sharing, resulting in lots of redundant efforts. A lack of coordination on initiatives involving multiple teams often results in delays or postponements on feature rollouts. The culture does not promote creativity, engineering quality, or applying best practices. Projects are often killed early and before they have a chance to prove their potential. There is too much emphasis on game monetization at the expense of creating fun experiences. Performance and salary reviews occurred sporadically, when at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a CTO. Encourage more communication and technology sharing between teams. Build a service oriented culture within the organization. Hire more experienced game designers.

Hard to move around

(Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Talented group of people -Food served daily -Game rooms -Up to date software -Spirits on site -Good… Cons: -Talent drain -Under utilization of skills -Blatant copying of other titles -Market driven art decisions -Significant stifling of creative game development -Constant shut down of projects to only be revived… Advice to Senior Management: Talent drain is on the rise. Try to indulge the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Kabam is a blast

Marketing Artist (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: It's great to work at a place where people are really invested in gaming and committed to pushing their games to the next level.… Cons: I am only working as a Contractor and wished their was… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with the departments and consider hiring in more help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kabam.

Worked for Kabam? Contribute to the Community!