There are newer employer reviews for Kabam

Vive la Revolution

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bringing about transformation and disruption to the entertainment industry is rewarding and exciting, while at the same time challenging, and it is not always easy. Pursuit to solve this big, audacious mission makes the challenges worthwhile. We have great teammates to work with, and the necessary resources/benefits to be successful.

Cons

Sometimes we are slow to address issues, and get the right people in the right functions and it is magnified in this quick moving, continuously evolving industry.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Kabam (View Most Recent)

Great Perks, Zero Creativity

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would potentially work here again just for the perks. Work-life balance was pretty decent, loose atmosphere, vacation was untracked, and there were catered meals daily. Plenty of snacks and drinks for the taking. Great benefits package, plenty of holidays off.

Cons

If you want to work in a creative environment where you have a say and desire to grow your career, seek elsewhere. The company cares about one thing, and that's its bottom line. It is a business first; caring about the customer and the line employee are much farther down the priority list. There is also a lot of favoritism. Despite a lot of lip service about personal growth and career goals, if you are not part of the right clique, you will be passed over. Finally, constant reorganizations show that the management really has no idea what it's trying to do.

If you're just looking for a paycheck with good benefits, then this place would probably work for you.

While the bottom line is important, you should pay more attention to customer needs, recognizing talented employees, and pushing for creativity and innovation, not just what will make you a quick dollar. Employee loyalty will follow and you will retain top talent.

Not impressed

I have been working at Kabam

Pros

Catered lunch daily
    Good benefits
    401k
    Snacks
    Xbox!!!
    Flexible hours
    Free Dinner

Cons

If you want to get ahead in the company, please understand how Cronyism works.

I thought the new org (not studio) was a better place for me before transferring, but its proven me wrong. This new org has a few extremely lazy people who are not motivated to perform their job well. They love to use company dime to travel for "work purposes" while the trip doesn't justify their main job function. For instance, producers traveling for business development meetings..and they are often gone for 2 weeks at a time. During the said time, please do not expect to get an answer for your emails because they are too busy "traveling for work". Other teams often need to cover the MIA colleague or delay the project for a few weeks due to others' incompetence and laziness.

If you pass by this area of the office, you'd probably see people surfing Facebook, personal emails, chats and watching youtube videos all the time. These people still have a job because they are friends with the right people. If you are the VP's favorite then you get to disrespect other colleagues. I'm glad I don't need to deal with this anymore.

Lazy and incompetent employees are equally bad.

There are newer employer reviews for Kabam

Worked for Kabam? Contribute to the Community!