Great Perks, Zero Creativity

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kabam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would potentially work here again just for the perks. Work-life balance was pretty decent, loose atmosphere, vacation was untracked, and there were catered meals daily. Plenty of snacks and drinks for the taking. Great benefits package, plenty of holidays off.

Cons

If you want to work in a creative environment where you have a say and desire to grow your career, seek elsewhere. The company cares about one thing, and that's its bottom line. It is a business first; caring about the customer and the line employee are much farther down the priority list. There is also a lot of favoritism. Despite a lot of lip service about personal growth and career goals, if you are not part of the right clique, you will be passed over. Finally, constant reorganizations show that the management really has no idea what it's trying to do. If you're just looking for a paycheck with good benefits, then this place would probably work for you.

Advice to Management

While the bottom line is important, you should pay more attention to customer needs, recognizing talented employees, and pushing for creativity and innovation, not just what will make you a quick dollar. Employee loyalty will follow and you will retain top talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Kabam

LOVE working for Kabam

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kabam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency from the top down (I have full trust in and confidence of our Upper Management team) Excellent career development (they give you the resources to expand your reach within the organization) Laid back (but passionate) work place We're spoiled (free lunches, dinners, snacks, gaming, trips etc etc etc)

Cons

Cohesiveness between offices (it's sometimes difficult to connect with employees in other locations. Would be great to foster collaboration between national and international offices)

A great place to work

Pros

Everyone works together, enjoys being a part of a team and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Goals are clear making motivation easy to find.

Cons

Sometime the size of the company/teams feel overwhelming. Our strengths are in our ability to work together as tight teams, and with a world wide infrastructure and network, some of the small team feel is lost.