Kahala Hotel & Resort
kahalaresort.com Honolulu, HI 500 to 999 Employees

poor leadership, actually its worse, theirs none!

I have been working at Kahala Hotel & Resort

Prosthe medical benifits are pretty good, very very little taken out of the paycheck. meals are provided daily too but I hear this is standard for hospitality. free parking for managers (but union folks have to fork out monthly so most park down at the beach park and take up all the spots)

ConsIf anyone is reading this becuase they are considering working there, think long and hard. You will be overworked and way underpaid. Just because it is upscale, the pay is lowscale, probably equal to mid tier hotels in waikiki. The owners dont care about the people that work there, only the money they make so they skimp where they can, pay, facilities, upkeep, morale. This place has a reputation of really bad turnover so people there dont get too close to each other becuase they know they aint going last long. Ruins any sense of ohana. Has no care to cultural issue, no sense of Hawaiiana, and all the managers are overworked and tired and dont care to help others too much.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to show appreciation to employees

Oppressive management makes for a bad work environment. Employees are tired of the status quo and guests sense it.

Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Kahala Hotel & Resort

Pros: It is a job. That should count for something in this very bad economy. You get a… Cons: According to some of the people that worked there during previous management it used to be a great place to work. The working environment… Advice to Senior Management: But what the management is essentially doing is taking away the warm personality of the employees and make them abide by certain standards that they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great job?

Union Worker (Current Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Kahala Hotel & Resort

Pros: the pay for most positions is well above average. union job with all the benefits. interesting people. ability to see and or perform services… Cons: gotta wait for people to quit, die or retire to move up. gotta work with people waiting to retire. … Advice to Senior Management: hope u know what ur doin. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kahala Hotel & Resort.

Worked for Kahala Hotel & Resort? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kahala Hotel & Resort reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kahala Hotel & Resort CEO Sean Hehir. All reviews posted anonymously by Kahala Hotel & Resort employees.