Long term employer

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Positive work environment. Good growth opportunities. Great PTO system and benefits. It's a secure place to work - - people really don't worry about their jobs and long as they are doing their best. Kaiser Permanente is also a leader in innovation through our on-line medical records and research. It makes you proud to work for a company that is stepping out as leaders in our country.

Cons

Too much work. Trying to keep costs down means fewer employees do more work. I also feel that Kaiser embraces a little too much diversity by crossing ethical lines. I'm all for gender and cultural diversity. I do not support flaunting gay rights - meaning that I'm very tolerant of working alongside gay people but calling out they they are gay and giving them special recognition isn't good.

Advice to Management

Apply work life balance to yourselves and to employees - not just to members.

reviews filtered by
  1. It's hit or miss working at Kaiser Permanente. Ask lots of questions about the department you'll be working for.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great benefits, good amount of vacation time given. Good company vision, senior leadership is very capable and inspire hard work in others.

Cons

Lots of people that should have been fired years ago but the company is too soft on this.

Advice to Management

I think that senior management needs to hold people more accountable for their work. There are too many examples of people getting unfairly promoted or holding onto a job that they aren't doing well.

I love Kaiser, but not this facility.

Current Employee - Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

I'd have to say the best reason to work for Kaiser Permanente is the benefits. My daughter and myself have the best coverage imaginable. No copays for anything... office visits, surgery, hospital stays.... we only pay $5 for prescriptions and that is it.

Cons

I don't know how it is in other areas, but the Service Area that I work for does not do a very good job of showing their appreciation for a job well done. They make a lot of promises and then don't back them up, and it's always someone else's fault. I have received nothing but excelent reviews and taken on more work than I was hired to do, but the promotion that I was promised never came. And their explanation, someone else said that they don't have the budget for it right now. Obviously they have the budget, but why spend it if you don't have to?

Advice to Management

Please do a better job of acknowledging the people who work hard for you or they will be gone.