There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Long term employer

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Positive work environment. Good growth opportunities. Great PTO system and benefits. It's a secure place to work - - people really don't worry about their jobs and long as they are doing their best. Kaiser Permanente is also a leader in innovation through our on-line medical records and research. It makes you proud to work for a company that is stepping out as leaders in our country.

Cons

Too much work. Trying to keep costs down means fewer employees do more work. I also feel that Kaiser embraces a little too much diversity by crossing ethical lines. I'm all for gender and cultural diversity. I do not support flaunting gay rights - meaning that I'm very tolerant of working alongside gay people but calling out they they are gay and giving them special recognition isn't good.

Apply work life balance to yourselves and to employees - not just to members.

1631 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The location was in a great city and the pay was decent. It looks great on the resume and I learned a great deal about how the company functions. The perks were also nice.

Cons

I worked the graveyard shift so I got off real late. The people there were great. It was like a great big family, except for the managers. They worked hard at making our lives miserable. For the most part female pharmacists were nice but the males were all haters.

They were all old people that had nothing better to do than give people a hard time.

Kaiser Permanete is a good place to work when you're close to retirement. Not a great place to start.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Vacations, Insurance plans, not long hours, life insurace, salary is competitive to other company in the job market

Cons

Low bonus, no formal mentoring program, no career development, very low salary increase, about 3-4%/ year.

Care to employees more

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!