Kaiser Permanente

Long term employer

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Positive work environment. Good growth opportunities. Great PTO system and benefits. It's a secure place to work - - people really don't worry about their jobs and long as they are doing their best. Kaiser Permanente is also a leader in innovation through our on-line medical records and research. It makes you proud to work for a company that is stepping out as leaders in our country.

Cons

Too much work. Trying to keep costs down means fewer employees do more work. I also feel that Kaiser embraces a little too much diversity by crossing ethical lines. I'm all for gender and cultural diversity. I do not support flaunting gay rights - meaning that I'm very tolerant of working alongside gay people but calling out they they are gay and giving them special recognition isn't good.

Apply work life balance to yourselves and to employees - not just to members.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The benefits are great, and the work & life balance combination is good.

Cons

Low turnover, stagnant employees at times, leading to people being unmotivated.

Present more upperward mobility career path development.

Great Job to Have When Going to School for a Career

Current Employee - Clerk in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The benefits! Kaiser has some of the best benefits available. Where else can you get a free MRI or a $5 surgery. The pay is pretty amazing as well. I make about 1.5 times more than anyone else working for another company would make in my position. Add that with the benefits and the number increases to 2.5. Did I mention 120 hrs sick leave, 40 hours life balance, and 40-160 hours vacation a year?

Cons

Some departments are very heavy on micro-management. Managers do not think things through. They simply get ideas and implement them without getting feedback from their employees. The company does not treat their employees as assets and does not have a very good recoginition program in place.

Listen to your employees because they are the ones on the front line. Shadow them for a day and see the challanges they face on a day-by-day basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente