Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Am I growing or coasting?

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Benefits, vacation, and moderate work schedule are huge benefits. With some exceptions, an extremely stable workplace - no random firings from crazed VPs, a lot of help placing people during restructuring, which happens less than at other places. A great mission, and many great people to work with.

Cons

Along with the good people are the bad - deadwood, underperformers, stick-in-the-muds. Sometimes a lack of leadership. Definitely not enough development of personnel, with little in the way of career tracks - you have to make change happen for yourself, without help.

Stop spending millions to maintain or upgrade really bad systems (like all of HR, and the Performance Review system). Kill those which are not truly necessary, and make the others world class - HR and IT is holding us back, when it should be bringing it forward!
Also - the hiring process is broken. I have never yet heard a hiring manager say that HR is not a hindrance, perpetually refusing to forward ALL resumes - and making it abundantly clear that HR doesn't understand most of our jobs, let alone how to filter resumes for them. Just let the hiring managers do the work - and make the jobs website up to date and meaningful, with salaries!

1943 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Director in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great place to work. Upper management support. Career advancement. Great compensation.

Cons

Minimal work/life balance. Long manager work days. Significant amount of meetings.

Fewer meetings. More emphasis on work/life balance. Spend more time focusing on high performers, instead of focusing so much energy on low performers (hold the low performers accountable, but reward the high performers).

very positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Well structured and organized institution. Kaiser takes care of their employees and
    very pro-active in job training. Excellent compensation package.

Cons

This organization does not allow for much flexibility within specific job duties.
    If you enjoy independence and less structured environment this company is not for you.
    I

Leadership is well structured and follows a specific format. Senior management is very
    supportive for new hires and on going training.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente