Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

In working at Kaiser Permanente, you are contributing to improving the health services to the members.

Former Employee - Director in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Director in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Opportunity for advancement
Company with excellent values

Cons

The expected workload always ended in more hours than were possible if you wanted to get your work completed.

Communicate and share more information

1751 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

As a long tenure employee who was laid off, it was disappointing that internal opportunities were not readily available.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Benefits are great, although not as good as they used to be, however if you work long enough to retire with benefits, it is excellent, including pension! Strong stable company with a great community drive. I felt the company valued diversity and had a great incentive on-line walking program. Entry level jobs can find growth opportunity, but at a certain level it seems to flatten out, making it more difficult to move ahead.

Cons

Bureaucratic and difficult to evoke positive change. Getting a "promotion" is challenging at times as you have to apply internally, interview and go thru many hoops to sit and wait for a while.

Great Company! Many Opportunities for Growth!

Current Employee - Director in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Kaiser's compensation and benefit package are excellent. Leaders stand by their employees and generally strive to do the right thing. Telecommuting is accepted and even promoted. I like that we are a non-profit organization.

Cons

Culture of consensus makes it difficult to quickly advance initiatives. There is periodic conflict between long-term vs. newer employees (i.e., those that are not "Kaiserized").

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente