There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser is a good place to work overall.

Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager  in  Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Salary, benefits, strives for excellence while remaining competitive in a tough market.

Cons

Budget cuts, economy, unemployment are effecting Kaiser just like they are effecting other healthcare organizations. Becoming a huge corporation and very micromanaged.

Listen to your middle management too and empower them to be leaders. Don't forget humans are unique and we have brains, experience, and talent to be leaders, not just micro managed. To a degree it is good to be regionally minded but still let our ideas and creativity show through. We do need to continue working on being effective, keeping costs down, and providing the best and safest care.

1631 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Kaiser is a great place to work

Current Employee - Staff Nurse II  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse II in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Kaiser's emphasis on healthy lifestyles, customer service, and the salary/benefits packages make this the only employer I was interested in pursuing after graduation. In my department, the staff and management get along well, and for the most part enjoy working together. It makes going to work pleasdant when you feel like you are working with friends.

Cons

Not all units are lucky enough to feel supported by management. Sometimes the same union rules that ensure fairness are not flexible enough. Decision about time off have to be made very far in advance and last minutes changes can be difficult.

Hire middle managers that have an appropriate blend of competence, intelligence, and likeability. They are out there. Hire them. If they are already hired, and they are no longer respected by their staff, require changes or get rid of them. No nursing unit will ever be cohesive without staff respecting their supervisors.

Excellent Review

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Compensation & Beneftis
    Fairness & Respect

Cons

None that come to mind

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!