Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser is a good place to work overall.

Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Roseville, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Nurse Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Salary, benefits, strives for excellence while remaining competitive in a tough market.

Cons

Budget cuts, economy, unemployment are effecting Kaiser just like they are effecting other healthcare organizations. Becoming a huge corporation and very micromanaged.

Listen to your middle management too and empower them to be leaders. Don't forget humans are unique and we have brains, experience, and talent to be leaders, not just micro managed. To a degree it is good to be regionally minded but still let our ideas and creativity show through. We do need to continue working on being effective, keeping costs down, and providing the best and safest care.

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Big HealthCare Company Chokes the Little Guy

Current Employee - Assistant in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The medical benefits are outstanding. There are some outstanding employees with integrity at Kaiser.

Cons

Management is very poor. Communication is very poor. Management is power hungry and it is a very disempowering environment to work in. Management breeds an atmosphere of favoritism and nepotism. It is a very hypocritical environment as well. Employees are constantly told we must save money, yet we see our superiors wasting money constantly on big parties, extravagant dinners and such on a regular basis. Kaiser just sunk thousands and thousands, if not millions, on a substandard HealthConnect program that barely meets the needs of the company. There are parties and remodels of remodels over and over again.

Get off your high horses. Your power hungry nature only proves that you are afraid of something... but what? What are you afraid of losing control of? Loosen the choke hold you have on employees. Stop playing favorites; it's dispicable. Do you thnk we don't see how you go after people you don't like and coddle people you do like? You think employees stay because it's such a great place to be? Are you crazy? We stay for the benefits... that's it... and because we need to feed our families and pay our bills in this crazy economy.

George Halverson... are you paying any attention at all??? Or do you turn your head at what goes on at the lower levels??? We read your emails and they on frustrate us more. WHAT makes you think it's the best place to work??? Clearly no one pays attention to those surveys you ask us to take every year....

Kaiser is a great place to work

Current Employee - Staff Nurse II in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse II in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Kaiser's emphasis on healthy lifestyles, customer service, and the salary/benefits packages make this the only employer I was interested in pursuing after graduation. In my department, the staff and management get along well, and for the most part enjoy working together. It makes going to work pleasdant when you feel like you are working with friends.

Cons

Not all units are lucky enough to feel supported by management. Sometimes the same union rules that ensure fairness are not flexible enough. Decision about time off have to be made very far in advance and last minutes changes can be difficult.

Hire middle managers that have an appropriate blend of competence, intelligence, and likeability. They are out there. Hire them. If they are already hired, and they are no longer respected by their staff, require changes or get rid of them. No nursing unit will ever be cohesive without staff respecting their supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente