Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,497 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Kaiser is a great place to work

Staff Nurse II (Current Employee)
Hayward, CA

ProsKaiser's emphasis on healthy lifestyles, customer service, and the salary/benefits packages make this the only employer I was interested in pursuing after graduation. In my department, the staff and management get along well, and for the most part enjoy working together. It makes going to work pleasdant when you feel like you are working with friends.

ConsNot all units are lucky enough to feel supported by management. Sometimes the same union rules that ensure fairness are not flexible enough. Decision about time off have to be made very far in advance and last minutes changes can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire middle managers that have an appropriate blend of competence, intelligence, and likeability. They are out there. Hire them. If they are already hired, and they are no longer respected by their staff, require changes or get rid of them. No nursing unit will ever be cohesive without staff respecting their supervisors.

Excellent Review

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Compensation & Beneftis Fairness & Respect Cons: None that come to mind Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for your support Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not bad, but feel something missing.

Employee (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: There is a retirement pension, most companies do not have that important retirement benefit. And there are also great health care benefits that are in… Cons: There is a lot of hierarchy. In order to advance your salary range, you must be promoted up the hierarchy. Performing the job at… Advice to Senior Management: Allow other ways to adnvace salary range, such as skill/performance. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.