Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

Kaiser is a great place to work

Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsKaiser's emphasis on healthy lifestyles, customer service, and the salary/benefits packages make this the only employer I was interested in pursuing after graduation. In my department, the staff and management get along well, and for the most part enjoy working together. It makes going to work pleasdant when you feel like you are working with friends.

ConsNot all units are lucky enough to feel supported by management. Sometimes the same union rules that ensure fairness are not flexible enough. Decision about time off have to be made very far in advance and last minutes changes can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire middle managers that have an appropriate blend of competence, intelligence, and likeability. They are out there. Hire them. If they are already hired, and they are no longer respected by their staff, require changes or get rid of them. No nursing unit will ever be cohesive without staff respecting their supervisors.

Have a thick skin.

Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: If you are looking for stability and benefts- it's second to none. The employee plan is quite comprehensive. There is… Cons: Kaiser Oakland is an "turnaround" hospital hat has shown no movement in the actual improvement in the environment, care or culture. The relationship between union… Advice to Senior Management: You must eliminate the fear based decision making, finger point and blaming of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Review

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Compensation & Beneftis Fairness & Respect Cons: None that come to mind Advice to Senior Management: Thank you for your support Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!