Great place for a mom

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

- work life balance
- easy going people
- good health benefits

Cons

- takes forever to make changes
- people stay at KP until they die
- won't fire a poor performer

Other Reviews for Kaiser Permanente

GREAT

Current Employee - Enroller  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Enroller in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

1.GREAT PEOPLE
    2.DIVERSE
    3.GREAT PAY
    4.GREAT BENEFITS
    5.GREAT RETIREMENT
    OVER ALL AN AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!

Cons

Kaiser is a great place to work but as any organization can improve on cross training and implementing newer computer programs.

Keep innovation in the forefront of Kaiser to keep our company viable in the 21st century. Do invest more in our employees and less on properties.

Unique culture; can be good depending where you work. Avoid the Medicare LOB.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year

Pros

• They take development seriously, and mid-year and year-end reviews are very regimented and enforced strictly.
    • There are a lot of smart people who work here.

Cons

• Do not work with the Medicare line of business; the environment is toxic. They treat their internal partners horribly; make life difficult to force people to quit, publicly humiliate people in meetings, and treat vendors poorly.
    • Most managers manage up; it's that kind of culture. So don't expect much support from your manager, and expect to be autonomous.
    • There's a lack of true team cohesion. You don't really make friends here, there are no happy hours, etc. People work their eight hours and go home; it was the first job where I didn't leave having made any long-term friends. The culture seems cold and people for the most part keep their distance from each other.

Do something about the Medicare LOB; although they're a big contributor to the bottom line, they are burning people out. Attrition is high among the teams who work with the Medicare LOB; you're clearly aware there's an issue but refuse to do anything about it. I realize I sound bitter, but this was the worst job experience I've ever had.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!