Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
  www.kaiserpermanente.org
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Decent pay, but repetitive.

Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Clerk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Flexible schedule. The benefits and pay are awesome. You can also pick up extra shifts if you need the money.

Cons

Dealing with the unions isn't the most fun. Even though we weren't part of one, all of the nurses/staff we dealt with are in unions. Thus, we followed a union-like structure. My job was customer service oriented and you have to deal with many, many types of personalities. There isn't any room to negotiate pay but if you do your job well, annual raises (though small) are guaranteed. On a side note, it took us a year to replace our old, broken, fax machine.

I don't think that they should more open to changing the way work is done. That is, take employee suggestions to make things more efficient.

1797 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The Pay, Benefits, and Union are great reasons to work here. We also get a bonus every year. I like working in the medical feild and helping patients. At the pharmacy we're the last place patients go before they go home and I think it should be a pleasent experience. You don't know what has already happened to the patient before they come to us. They could've been told there really ill or that a loved one is dieing, or they could be there for chemo therepy or just getting a refill. Also, who know's how long they waited at the doctors office. So, I like being they last person they see before they leave and I thry to encourage them with excelent customer service.

Cons

I can't think of any. Just the usual that you might not always get along with management.

We do have a voice at work and it's great to beable to tell our concerns with management.

Kaiser is an OK place to work

Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The benefits are fabulous. Training is available and encourgaged. You have the opportunity to change jobs and advance. Depending on your manager you can suggest different workflows to make improvements.
    Sometimes when you tell people you work for Kaiser they get all gushy about how great Kaiser is and how they saved a relative or their next door neighbor.

Cons

They re-org yearly. I have had more 'bosses' than years of service.
    Sometimes when you tell people you work for Kaiser they want to tell you how their relative died at Kaiser or how Kaiser killed their neighbor.
    The annual review process.
    Not everyone qualifies for the annual bonuses.

Stop telling the worker bees to reach for the 'raised bar' and pay attention to the fabulous job they do EVERYDAY.
    The yearly review process is useless. No matter how wonderful you have performed or how much work you have done they ALWAYS have to ruin it by saying "But (name) needs to work on....(what ever)". They can never just tell you Thank You for doing a great job, they always have to kick you in the shins before you leave the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente