Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,498 reviews
www.kaiserpermanente.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Corrupt Culture

(Former Employee)

ProsWell marketed company image, great benefits package, KP makes positive statements like "we support work-life balance". Cool healthcare image promoted to help employees feel good about their mission.

ConsHuge organization, with complicated matrix management structure.
"Work life balance" in only applies to executive ranks and above, and to some administrative staff.
Conflicting priorities and constant reorganization.
Entrenched internal political parties.
Management fosters backstabbing.
Hierarchy is important, facts are not.
Recent "behaviors" weighted performance feedback system requires groupthink and punishes innovtion.
Compliance / HR hotline has limited integrity and is easily thwarted by the management about whom a complaint may be made.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at executives and directors who say they exceeded their performance goals and never take accountability for failures in their control that they mis-attributed to the levels below them.

Kaiser is a great place to work and has a lot to offer.

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary is higher than most equivalent organizations, awesome employer paid benefits that little is deducted from paycheck, opportunities for growth and… Cons: Union environment can be a downer. Poor performers hide behind the union and difficult to terminate. … Advice to Senior Management: Seems like there are a lot of layoffs and/or terminating non-union employees. What about dead weight union employees who abuse the system? Kaiser… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

sonographer

Sonographer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: lots of work available weekdays and weekends Cons: high volume and variety of cases Advice to Senior Management: ergonomic issues must be considered in scheduling Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.