Kaiser Permanente

30 years later, and I thought it would only be temporary

Current Employee - Department Manager in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Department Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Kaiser provides excellent medical and dental benefits for self & family. Good wage (well earned). Good vacation and ill time allowed. They provide exceptional medical and dental care, and really have a heart towards the members and giving good customer service. They are getting better about getting rid of employees who are not being productive or doing their part - this is long overdue.

Cons

Good people have been fired and incompetent people hired in their place. Systems have failed, but yet they remain. Kaiser is unwilling to concede when a system or appplication fails. Millions of dollars are wasted on systems that do not work, or are not correct. Billing, claims, group accounting processes - things are messed up, and a lot of money has been wasted. There is a lot of pressure on managers, staff & doctors to do the impossible.

Kaiser needs to hire more doctors and quit pushing people too hard. Kaiser needs to quit wasting money on systems that do not work, or have lots of bugs in them, or do not work correctly to begin with, causing problems to last for years.

1759 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

happy employee

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

benefits are competitive and complete

Cons

i don't like my commute

none

Kaiser-The best employer

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The nurses were encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We were then given the tools to carry out the ideas.

The career ladder offered a way to grow professionally. It also provided a means to get recognition and compensation.

The commercials were inspiring. They reminded people to take care of their bodies,

Cons

None- I would have careered there had I not moved. I had to get out of clinical nursing because the hospital I tried to work for put all their money into buildings and none into the staff. Kaiser has a balance between growth and investing in people

Continue to encourage innovation