Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org

30 years later, and I thought it would only be temporary

Department Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsKaiser provides excellent medical and dental benefits for self & family. Good wage (well earned). Good vacation and ill time allowed. They provide exceptional medical and dental care, and really have a heart towards the members and giving good customer service. They are getting better about getting rid of employees who are not being productive or doing their part - this is long overdue.

ConsGood people have been fired and incompetent people hired in their place. Systems have failed, but yet they remain. Kaiser is unwilling to concede when a system or appplication fails. Millions of dollars are wasted on systems that do not work, or are not correct. Billing, claims, group accounting processes - things are messed up, and a lot of money has been wasted. There is a lot of pressure on managers, staff & doctors to do the impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKaiser needs to hire more doctors and quit pushing people too hard. Kaiser needs to quit wasting money on systems that do not work, or have lots of bugs in them, or do not work correctly to begin with, causing problems to last for years.

Kaiser-The best employer

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: The nurses were encouraged to bring new ideas to the table. We were then given the tools to carry out the ideas. The career ladder… Cons: None- I would have careered there had I not moved. I had to get out of clinical nursing because the hospital I tried… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to encourage innovation Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good place to work

Quality Consultant (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: benefits, good opportunity to move around since it is a… Cons: management can be strange depending on your department. hourly vs… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more cooperative brainstorming and for managers to encourage creative… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!