There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Excellent experience in a fast-paced corporate structure.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk  in  Santa Rosa, CA
Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is very good. Current employees are given preference for promotions. Work environment is very pro-healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Union job means hard to discipline bad employees. Corporate environment means that suggestions from the lower levels are rarely implemented. Management often fails to recognize potential solutions.

Listen to the front-line workers - they know the problems inside out. Also, be more selective with the hiring process.

1620 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

A place you could want to be at for the rest of your career

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love this place. Great workers, a sense of purpose. "Fireside chats" from George let me know exactly what he is thinking, happy or concerned about. A CTO who is really transformative in his approach to making tech work for the business. Being part of a group that is changing healthcare to be more personalized and more efficient. How much more fun it be than that

Cons

It's healthcare still - still some legacy mindsets throughout the industry that FEAR change. Certain external burdens make it harder to make changes for the benefits of the community sometime. Those with conservative values still have to be careful how they present their ideas. Consensus based decision making used a little too often in my opinion.

Remember to be a bold leader. Have more skip level interactions - good ideas are germinating all over the organization. Seek out those who seem to disagree or have differing opinions. Say thank you till it hurts. And support your peers (you know the ones) who are going the extra mile. After all, everyone is looking at us (KP) and we should take this opportunity to drive forward as effectively and as efficiently as possible

It's been a good ride...

Current Employee - Project Manager II  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager II in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, fair compensation, rewarding work, warm employees committed to providing service to their members and the community. The organization is integrating techonology in the highest and best way possible.

Cons

There are too many outside consultants at times that go against the corporate culture and get the company in trouble at times. Sometimes there is difficulty gaining work life balance often due to the nature of the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!